One-Line Guide is a handy feature that lets you browse the on-screen guide while you’re watching TV full screen.
If you have a white universal remote, press the BLUE button. If you have a Genie remote, press ENTER. You’ll see the one-line guide on the bottom of your screen. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW buttons to scroll through the channels one at a time. When you’re done, press the BLUE button (or ENTER if you have a Genie remote) again to close the guide.
Select Your Package to view a current channel guide/schedule:
DIRECTV now makes it easier to read closed captioning. With the new DIRECTV Subtitles feature, you get the same text as standard closed captioning, but it’s now easier to read and more visually appealing. Here’s how it works:
- While watching a live TV program, press the YELLOW button on your remote.
- You’ll see an option for DIRECTV Subtitling.
- Use the arrow button to highlight it, then press Select.
- DIRECTV Subtitles will appear over the video.
DIRECTV Subtitles are perfect for noisy bars and gyms, where it’s hard to hear the audio. And it’s a great visual improvement for the hearing impaired. It’s available on the following receiver models: H21 and above; HR 21 and above, and R22.
Program Your GENIE Remote
For use with Genie HD DVR (model HR44 or above), Genie Mini (model C41 or above, C41W or above, C61K or above), Genie Lite® (model H44) and DIRECTV Ready TV.
- Select SETTINGS & HELP, SETTINGS, REMOTE CONTROL
- Select IR/RF SETUP
- Press the DOWN ARROW to highlight RF
- Press SELECT
- Select CONTINUE
- Complete by following on-screen prompts